Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan has removed a restriction on the operational hours of public transportation after just one day.He said on Monday evening that public transportation would return to normal following a suggestion from President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo.However, Anies said the Jakarta administration would uphold a recommendation for social distancing to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus by limiting lines at Transjakarta and MRT Jakarta stations.The restriction massively backfired, with large crowds and long lines building up at Transjakarta and MRT Jakarta stations across the capital on Monday.The lines accumulated as commuters wearing face masks squeezed into packed bus stops and train stations during peak hours in the morning, with many commuters waiting for hours and becoming distressed over being late for work.While some commuters appeared ignorant about the city’s containment efforts, many others had no option because they still had to go to work since their companies had yet to impose or had only imposed a partial workfrom-home policy.Read also: Work-from-home policy in effect at major Jakarta companies over virus concernsAninda, a 27-year-old stateowned enterprise worker, said she was not able to stay at home because her company enforced a two-shift policy where each division was divided into two groups, taking turns working at the office and at home on a weekly basis.“I’m currently living with my parents in Ciganjur [in South Jakarta] and I was planning to leave from the Ragunan bus stop. Arrived there at about 7 a.m. I saw people lined up for approximately 10 meters,” Aninda said on Monday.City transportation companies said such operational restrictions were in line with the instructions of President Jokowi and an appeal from the World Health Organization to limit movement and maintain social distance in an effort to minimize the spread of the virus.Anies previously announced the city would limit the operational frequency of public transportation for the next 14 days starting on Monday so that people with no urgent need to travel could remain at home.In response to Monday’s chaos, Transjakarta appealed to Jakarta commuters to manage their travel times as well as possible by avoiding rush hours to prevent the possibility of overcrowding on the buses.“We urge customers to make the best schedule to get home before 6 p.m. and make sure not to jam [ into the bus],” Transjakarta corporate secretary Nadia Diposanjoyo said in a statement.Transjakarta management announced the restrictions on Sunday, saying it would only operate 13 routes, down from 248, with a 20-minute headway. The company will also suspend its evening services.Meanwhile, to ease passenger mobility on Monday, Nadia said, Transjakarta deployed a total of 290 vehicles to serve 13 Transjakarta corridors. She did not specify whether the same number of buses would apply for the remaining 13 days.Besides Transjakarta, LRT Jakarta and city-owned MRT Jakarta also imposed similar measures, with MRT Jakarta reducing the number of cars on each train to four from the usual 16, reducing the maximum capacity from 300 people to 60.MRT Jakarta said the public transportation service restriction was intended to limit the mobility of office workers who should have been working remotely.“By the government instruction, the MRT Jakarta service is only aimed at medical workers who still need to handle the COVID-19 outbreak and public servants who cannot work from home,” MRT Jakarta corporate secretary Muhamad Kamaluddin said.Crowds and long lines were seen at MRT stations, mainly in Lebak Bulus, Fatmawati, Cipete Raya and Dukuh Atas BNI stations; and a buildup of passengers also occurred at LRT stations on Monday morning.Read also: COVID-19: City-wide transport restrictions cause buildup at Transjakarta, MRT stationsLRT management said it had changed its train headway to 30 minutes from the normal 10 minutes.The company reported that the biggest buildup was at Velodrome Station. It immediately deployed an additional two cars to its trains to increase capacity to 120 passengers to adjust to the conditions.Both MRT Jakarta and LRT will now evaluate the buildup, with LRT corporate secretary Arnold Kindangen saying that “conditions in the future will follow demand”.The failure of social-distancing measures among commuters has resulted in passenger chaos despite the President’s call to stay at home. Pictures disseminated on social media show commuters — many wearing face masks — squeezing into packed buses and stations throughout the capital.Nurul Nadia, a public health expert from the Center for Indonesia’s Strategic Development Initiatives (CISDI), said that the implementation of social distancing was not simple.She predicted that COVID-19 infections in Jakarta were likely to increase because the restriction policy was issued too late and because of the failure of the authorities to communicate the importance of social distancing to the public.“Complete information is highly important. Authorities should inform people as to why violating the policy could be dangerous for themselves and their families,” she said.Jokowi repeated his statement on Monday, saying that reducing people’s mobility was of utmost priority.“The central and regional governments have to continue providing services and improve the hygiene of public transportation. What is important is to ease crowds, queueing and the density of passengers inside the public transportation so that they can maintain distance,” he said on Monday.Topics :
Inter Milan willing to offer Alexis Sanchez an escape route from Man United on one condition Metro Sport ReporterThursday 25 Apr 2019 5:30 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link17Shares Advertisement Comment Alexis Sanchez has endured a miserable spell at Manchester United (Getty Images)Inter Milan could offer Alexis Sanchez an escape route from Manchester United but only if he significantly lowers his wage demands, according to the Independent.The 30-year-old has been an unmitigated disaster since making the move to United from Arsenal in January last year, scoring only five goals for the club in 43 appearances.Sanchez has managed one Premier League goal in 18 appearances during an injury-disrupted season and he touched the ball just once after coming on as a sub during the 2-0 defeat to Manchester City on Wednesday.The Chile international is United’s highest earner on £400,000 per week plus £75,000 for every appearance he makes and the club are desperate to get him off the wage bill in the summer to make room for new signings.AdvertisementAdvertisementDue to his wage demands and poor form over the past 18-months, though, United could find it difficult to shift Sanchez with previous suitors PSG reported to have lost interest in him. Advertisement Sanchez made his name in Italian football with Udinese (Getty Images)Inter, who are currently third in the Serie A table, are willing to end his miserable time in Manchester and bring Sanchez back to Italy but only if he agrees to a wage cut.Sanchez made his name in Italian football, scoring 21 goals in 112 games for Udinese between 2008-11, with his form culminating in a move to Barcelona.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityUnited’s executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward, is believed to have admitted privately that he made an error in signing Sanchez and handing him such a lucrative offer in order to beat Manchester City to his signature.Metro.co.uk revealed last week that the issue of Sanchez’s inflated wages has irked teammates and led to complicated contract discussions with other first-team players such as David De Gea, Ander Herrera and Marcus Rashford.Sanchez is contracted to United until June 2022.More: Manchester United FCRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseEx-Man Utd coach blasts Ed Woodward for two key transfer errors
BHP Petroleum, via its Mexico subsidiary, has contracted DORIS for the execution of engineer services for the SURF and export pipeline scopes of work of the Trion project in the Gulf of Mexico. The Trion field encompasses an area of 1,285 sq km (798 sq mi) and is located in the Perdido belt at a water depth of approximately 2570 meters.Christophe Debouvry, CEO of DORIS, said: “This project is a strategic win for DORIS Group. It is the recognition of our strong experience in deepwater developments, it complements our portfolio in Mexico, and it strengthens our relationship with BHP.”BHP is the operator holding a 60 percent interest in the development and PEMEX Exploration and Production is the non-operating partner with a 40 percent interest.
With United Nations launching the sustainable development goals after the end of millennium development goals, some of Rwanda’s achievements come to light.In a Millennium village in Rwanda, drawn from the millennium goals, the community has been able to access more funds to establish businesses.
25 Views no discussions Share Share Tweet Share Sharing is caring! HealthLifestyle Woman given smoker’s lungs dies by: – December 20, 2012 Jennifer died in August, 16 months after receiving a donor’s lungsA 27-year-old woman with cystic fibrosis died of cancer after she was given the donor lungs of a smoker.Jennifer Wederell, of Hawkwell, Essex, died at home in August – 16 months after the transplant at Harefield Hospital in London. Colin Grannell said he believes his daughter would not have agreed to the transplant had she known the middle-aged donor was a heavy smoker.The hospital has apologised for not giving her that choice. Jennifer had been diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at the age of two and by her mid-20s was using oxygen 24 hours a day. She had been on the waiting list for a lung transplant for 18 months when in April 2011, she was told there had been a match.Mr Grannell said the family had “lived all for that moment” for years, and thought it would help Jennifer “cheat” her condition.She married her fiance David Wederell in September last year, but by February 2012 a malignant mass was found in her lungs.‘Should have choice’“The shock immediately turned to anger in so far as all the risks were explained in the hour before her transplant and not once was the fact smoker’s lungs would be used mentioned,” said Mr Grannell.“She was dying a death that was meant for someone else.”He has set up a Facebook group, Jennifer’s Choice, to encourage non-smokers to sign up to the organ donor register. The Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust said: “It is very rare for patients to specify that they do not wish to be considered for clinically healthy lungs from smokers. “This is because the risks are much higher if patients decline donor lungs from a former smoker, and decide to wait for another set of organs which are both a match for them and from a non-smoker, to become available. “However, we recognise that Jennifer should have been given the opportunity to make this choice. “We have apologised sincerely for this oversight. “Regrettably, the number of lungs available for transplantation would fall by 40% if there was a policy of refusing those which have come from a smoker; waiting lists would increase and many more patients would die without a transplant.” Prof Stephen Spiro, honorary medical adviser at the British Lung Foundation said: “It’s very difficult to say why the cancer developed. “It is seriously possible that the cancer may have started in the lung before transplantation, but it was so small there was no chance of spotting it. “Recipients of transplants are immunosuppressed, to stop the body rejecting the organ – this may have encouraged the cancer to grow. But is no one really knows- these are just theories.” BBC News
The Lady Pirates soccer team hosted the Lady Cubs of Madison and came away with a 2-2 tie.Utilizing an assist from Kasey Moeller, Maddi Hellmich got the team on the board 4 minutes into the game. An unfortunate offside call negated a second scoring opportunity a few minutes later and the Lady Pirates held the 1-0 lead at the half. The visitors outplayed the hosts for most of the second half and put in two goals (one on a Penalty Kick and one off a misplaced corner clear) until the Lady Pirates tied the game with 1:30 left to play. Off an indirect kick, Rylie Smith played the touch to Michaela Myers whose shot was deflected to the foot of Cara Zeigler for the tying goal. Both teams tried to find one more score but were unable. The team did show resolve to get the match equal, the effort in the final ten minutes matched the early play of the game.McKella Lynette and Emma Overmyer shared time in net for Lady Pirates with Lynette saving one shot and Overmyer saving 3 while allowing two goals. Taking shots for the Lady Pirates were: Hellmich, Moeller, Myers, Zeigler, Brooke Martin and Sierra Aylsworth.The tie brings the Lady Pirates record to 2-3-1 on the season.The JV Lady Pirates also tied the Lady Cubs with a 0-0 outcome. Emma Hellmich and Alyssa Allen both recorded shots on goal and Emily Lowemade 7 saves in the JV half.The JV record is now 0-2-1.The team travels to South Ripley Saturday morning for a 10AM kickoff with the Lady Raiders.Courtesy of Pirates Coach Mike Myers.
A new era in Batesville football started last Friday night. Evan Ulery and his staff led the Bulldogs to an opening season win with the Jennings County Panthers. After an errant pass was picked off by Jennings County and taken to the end zone for a quick 6-0 Panther lead, it was all Bulldogs from then on.As Coach Ulery stated on his appearance at Coaches Corner, his defense was definitely ahead of the offense. The offense scored one touchdown, the special teams had one, and the defense scored one. The defense was easier to learn because it was closer to the one that this group of kids new.The offense is different so it will take longer for the athletes to learn the timing and speed at which Ulery’s new offense is run. It is always easier to start with a win, and it seems to be much easier to learn from your mistakes when you are winning.
Friendship, In. — John Race, Dillsboro, attended his last Friendship State Bank Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, May 17 when he retired as a director.Race and his wife of 50 years are natives of the Dillsboro area. He recalled hayrides and heading to Friendship most Saturday nights as a kid where his dad played music.Race has a heart for helping others. After serving four years in the Navy, he earned his teaching degree, returned to Dillsboro and spent 10 years teaching with South Dearborn Schools. While he truly enjoyed the students and teachers, Race realized that he did not want to teach for the remainder of his career.Utilizing the education opportunity under the GI Bill, Race continued to take classes. Discovering a love for business and accounting classes, he took every class he could while also working as the Dillsboro Manor administrator. Additionally, he began preparing tax returns in his spare time.Race continued his journey and become a CPA. He opened his own office in 1994 when he was also asked to become a Friendship State Bank Director.“There was a lot more to being a director than I expected,” Race shared.Race realized banking was much more complex than it looked from the outside, but he is very proud of the accomplishments of the bank and the board over the past 25 years. He believes some of the most important work the board of directors did was establishing a human resources department, establishing a way to evaluate performance, significant pay increases for staff, and ensuring the employment of quality people who provide quality work and results.Race did not know any of his fellow directors when he first started, but over the years built lasting relationships. He will miss the comradery.“I will certainly miss John’s perspective at our board meetings,” said CEO Chris Meyer. “John can be feisty during a debate, which is a terrific skill to have. He challenges ideas and decisions in such a way that a better result is the outcome.” He added that John’s “wisdom, experience, and high character made him a terrific steward of our board ideals, and he represented the shareholders well.”“John, with his business experience and accounting expertise was a terrific addition to our board,” Jim Lemon, Friendship State Bank President said. “His guidance will be sorely missed.”You will continue to find Race hard at work and focused on his CPA business in his retirement from the Friendship State Bank board. His passion and love for his work as a CPA and how he can help others is undeniable.“I don’t understand why people don’t like Mondays,” Race said. “After sitting around all day Sunday, I can’t wait for Monday!…I enjoy meeting people and helping them get out of financial scrapes and when they get in trouble. It is rewarding to help others get back on track.”Chris Meyer, Friendship State Bank CEO, was elected at the 2018 Shareholders Annual Meeting to serve on the board as the next director.
KILGORE, Texas (Feb. 11) – Marcus Thomas started his 2017 at Lone Star Speedway in the same place he ended 2016.In victory lane.Thomas drew the pole start and led all 25 laps in winning Saturday’s Sprint Smackdown, the first event of the season for IMCA RaceSaver Sprint Cars.The checkers were worth $1,200.“We’ve had pretty good luck here,” said Thomas, who also has a runner-up finish in three career starts at Kilgore. “They do a good job on the track but you have to stay smooth and not make any mistakes. That plays a big part of racing at Lone Star.”Austin Mundi did his best to work his way through lapped traffic and reel in Thomas but finished a couple car lengths off the pace. Josh Hawkins and former national champions John Ricketts and Chad Wilson completed the top five.Thomas had started sixth and finished second in his heat. He ran the higher line early in the feature, then dropped down to a lower groove in the first set of turns later in the contest.“We ended the season with a win there last year and we started this season with a win,” he said. “That was huge for us. It gets us off to a good start and gets us good momentum.Thomas plans to race “here, there and everywhere” this season, including Kennedale Speedway Park, where he’s the defending track champion, and RPM Speedway.He’ll also catch an occasional race with the Elite Non-Wing Sprint Car Series, looking for the first non-wing win of his career in the class.Feature results – 1. Marcus Thomas; 2. Austin Mundi; 3. Josh Hawkins; 4. John Ricketts; 5. Chad Wilson; 6. Jake Martens; 7. Tucker Doughty; 8. Ryan Hall; 9. Robert Vetter; 10. Chip Gram; 11. Michael Day; 12. Logan Payne; 13. Johnny Brown; 14. Koty Adams; 15. Zach Blurton; 16. Jacob Harris; 17. Brandon Long; 18. Tommy Hall; 19. Josh McCord; 20. Channin Tankersley; 21. D.J Estes; 22. Martin Edwards; 23. Dale Wester; 24 J.D. Fry.