Neutral tones feature throughout.Property records show Mr Willems bought the residence for $2.15 million — $530,000 more than the Member for Moncrieff paid for it in 2011.Mr Ciobo spent in excess of $200,000 renovating and landscaping the property during his young family’s tenure there. The property has its own tennis court.Selling agent Jackson Paradise of Ray White Prestige Gold Coast said the Sydney buyers were in Palm Beach to look at an apartment when they “were reading the paper and saw the Savoy Drive property”.“They’re going to live in the home, it’s a young family,” Mr Paradise said.“It’s a fantastic result for the area and buyer and seller are extremely happy.”The property was scheduled to go to auction on December 16, and it proved popular with 75 inspections held over one weekend.It now holds the record of second highest sale in Broadbeach Waters this year.The transaction was a case of history repeating itself — vendor and Gold Coast real estate agent Michael Willems purchased the home from Federal MP Steven Ciobo prior to auction, in November 2014. Wide water frontage. The kitchen was extensively revamped last year.More from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach North1 hour ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa21 hours ago The property has private access to a tranquil cove.Mr Willems and his wife Dayna gave the property an extensive overhaul last year, transforming it into a contemporary waterfront oasis for their family of five. The property at 82-84 Savoy Drive has sold prior to auction.A HAMPTONS-style Broadbeach Waters house that last changed hands between a Gold Coast real estate agent and a Federal MP, has sold for millions of dollars prior to auction.The multimillion-dollar sale of sprawling waterfront sanctuary ‘Northcove’ came about after the new buyers noticed the property featured in the latest Gold Coast Bulletin’s Realestate. Northcove by name and by nature.The Hamptons style property features whitewashed timber walls, timber floorboards and neutral tones throughout.‘Northcove’ overlooks a private beach, tranquil cove and waterfront lawn, and has a tennis court, private pontoon, pool and media room.In 2013, it featured in the Australian television series Mako: Island of Secrets after a film crew approached then owner Mr Ciobo to use the property.undefined
Aerial shot of Nudgee PlaceA HOUSE and land package within the Nudgee Place development has sold for double the local median sales price. Nudgee locals Jim and Corinne Cleave bought their “forever home” for $1.245 million, with construction of their 387.29sq m highset house on a 926sq m lot to start soon. Jim and Corrine Cleave and their children will build their dream home at Nudgee Place.The easterly-facing home will include five bedrooms, a media room, study, multipurpose room, two bathrooms, two powder rooms and a double garage.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus23 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market23 hours agoNudgee Place is a boutique, infill house and land estate being developed by Brisbane-based developer, Weyers Estates, which has teamed up exclusively with Sunshine Coast builder, Vantage Homes.Weyers Estates project director Brad Hanson said the Cleave home would be built on a unique lot at the back of stage 2/3, overlooking a protected environmental zone.“The size of the block, its position within the estate, it is unique,” he said.Over 75 per cent of the release has been sold, mostly to local first home buyers and family owner-occupiers. Each modern home is being marketed as “turnkey” or “rent ready”, and includes features such as statement facades, stone benchtops, quality appliances, gas cooktops, high ceilings, and landscaping.Mr Hanson said the estate’s proximity to the Brisbane CBD, major transport nodes, including the Gateway Motorway, and employment hubs such as the airport and trade coast, made it attractive to buyers. And with packages starting from $627,000, first home buyers are also eligible for the First Home Owner’s Grant. The estate backs on to Nundah Creek and was formerly used for farming. Mr Hanson said the developer had rehabilitated 1.3 hectares of land for green space, with the estate also flanked by rural-use blocks.“When it came to our vision, we wanted to really provide a connection between the residential lots, the existing rural lots and the environmental zone,” he said.CoreLogic property data shows that the median sales price in Nudgee was $635,000 in the 12 months to August, with 60 houses sold.
The UK government has relaxed the need for independent financial advice for savers moving defined benefit (DB) funds to defined contribution (DC) after April.In conjunction with the budget freedoms announced last year for DC savers, which come into effect this year, the government placed the requirement on DB funds to provide independent financial advice for all members wishing to transfer funds from DB to DC.However, as the law – which removes the requirement for DC savers to annuitise – reaches its final legislative stages, the government said this would only be required with DB savings exceeding £30,000 (€40,170).Towers Watson senior consultant Stephen Green said: “The fact advice is not required for small pensions does not mean this is a decision to be taken lightly – especially where people have little else besides their state pension to fall back on. “But if someone’s other final salary pensions will provide them with a good income in any case, their desire to swap a small pension for a pot of capital they can access as they like may have overridden any financial advice not to do so.”The government previously consulted on whether to outlaw the transfer of DB funds to DC in light of the freedoms granted to the latter.However, industry respondents suggested few transfers would take place to materially impact DB investment strategies and sovereign bond markets.In other news, the UK Pensions Regulator (TPR) confirmed the number of penalties issued to employers breaching auto-enrolment requirements reached 169 by the end of 2014.In the last three months of the year, the regulator issued 166 fixed penalty notices as employers that had staged auto-enrolment failed to complete their declaration of compliance.It also issued more than 1,000 compliance notices forcing employers to amend failures in compliance, before being fined.TPR auto-enrolment director Charles Counsell said: “It appears some medium employers waited for a prompt from the regulator before completing their automatic-enrolment duties.”The regulator announced last year auto-enrolment policing would dominate its budget and agenda, with its share of TPR’s budget rising from 37% to 52%.Expenditure on auto-enrolment is said to have risen by 90% as TPR manages the staging of smaller employers.Law firm Pinsent Mason’s pensions partner, Tom Barton, said threats of regulatory action did not just come from TPR but also the tax office and employees.“The regulatory scrutiny could also throw a spotlight on practices such as contractual enrolment, unilateral changes to contribution rates and salary sacrifice,” he said.“These are employment contract issues employers need to get right.”
NZ Herald 11 May 2012People charged with serious crimes would have to prove they can be trusted out at large. A bill which makes it more difficult for serious violent, sexual or Class A drug offenders to get bail has been backed in Parliament at its first reading. If the amendments become law, people charged with serious crimes would have to prove to the Crown they would not be a threat to public safety if allowed out of custody. This change reverses the burden of proof for bail cases involving serious offences. At present, it is usually the prosecutor’s responsibility to prove a defendant should not get bail. The bill was passed yesterday by a vote of 105 in favour to 15 against. National, United Future, Act, the Maori Party and Labour supported the bill and Greens and Mana opposed it. The first reading followed the launch of a community movement called “Christie’s Law” which aimed to tighten bail laws. It was created by the Sensible Sentencing Trust and the parents of Christie Marceau, who was allegedly killed by 19-year-old Akshay Chand.http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=108050645 reasons to support the bail lawhttp://bobmccoskrie.com/?p=3090
Proposals to form a joint Arab military force look to be in trouble. Egypt called for the plan earlier this year, in response to ISIL’s growing influence in Libya. But it’s struggling to win consensus among its Arab counterparts.Arab defence ministers were supposed to meet in Cairo in late August to finalise the plan but at the last minute, Saudi Arabia pushed for an indefinite delay. Officials aren’t saying why but sources claim Egypt and Saudi Arabia don’t agree where command of the force should reside.
LocalNews “Treat everyone like they are HIV positive” – Julie Frampton by: – December 1, 2011 Share Sharing is caring! Share Tweet Share 45 Views no discussions National HIV/AIDS Coordinator Nurse Julie Frampton is advising the general public to “treat everyone like they are HIV positive”. Frampton who was speaking on the heels of International World AIDS Day which is being observed on December 1st annually said “HIV is not written on anyone’s face hence everyone must be treated like they are HIV positive”.Nurse Frampton is also optimistic that scientists will soon find a cure for the deadly disease.The South Florida Community dispensing care, treatment and prevention of the AIDS/HIV disease as well as patients got heartening news recently as scientists managed to create cells in mice which are immune to the virus. Frampton said while a lot of research is being done, because of the nature of the virus, a cure may or may not be imminent. Let us keep our fingers crossed that there will be some form of resolution. As far as we know, research is being done and a lot of work. If and when they find a cure, the whole world will be pleased”.She said further that Dominica will continue to push to educate the nation on the effects and prevention of the deadly disease.“The theme for this year’s world AIDS day is getting to zero, which means zero new infections, zero discrimination, zero AIDS related death. A lot is being done. We are always out there providing HIV education and behavior change communication. What we would like to see persons do more of is to use that information and transfer it into behavior change,” she explained.Dominica Vibes News
Interior Undersecretary Jonathan Malaya disclosed this on Monday, saying that around 22 percent of all cities and municipalities were unable to meet the cash distribution following the deadline on Sunday. As of 11:59 p.m. on Sunday night, 77.42 percent or 1,265 out of 1,634 LGUs have completed the rollout, Malaya told CNN Philippines. MANILA – At least 369 local government units (LGUs) across the country failed to meet the deadline for the distribution of the first tranche of the national government’s social amelioration program (SAP). Of the 1,265 LGUs that have completed the payout, 120 are in the Ilocos Region; 107 in Central Luzon; 112 in Bicol Region; and 71 in Calabarzon, he added.“Ang atin pong report galing sa ating mga regions as of 12 midnight last night is 1,265 na LGUs po ang nakahabol sa deadline, natapos nila lahat. This equates to a national payout rate of 90 percent… 90.86 percent… almost 91 percent po as of midnight last night,” said Malaya.Those who were not able to beat the deadline, according to Malaya, can continue to distribute them to their constituents, unless the Department of Social Welfare and Development demands for the return of the funds.“Our advice to LGUs that are not yet finished is to continue with SAP distribution even after the deadline,” Malaya said.The DILG has earlier warned that it will start issuing show cause orders to the LGUs, starting with those which showed “very poor performance” in the distribution of the emergency subsidy.Meanwhile, Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque made the same advice to LGUs who failed to complete the cash distribution on Sunday evening.“Patuloy pa rin dapat ang pamimigay until bawiin na ang pondo ng DSWD (Department of Social Welfare and Development),” Roque said in a virtual press conference on Monday.Roque also said that, with the near completion of the first tranche of emergency subsidies, the public could expect the distribution of the second tranche soon.The government initially allotted P200 billion to give the poorest families P5,000 to P8,000 each for two months. The program will be expanded to cover five million more families./PN
Promoted Content7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty Penny8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo7 Reasons It’s Better To Be A VeganThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market ValueWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?8 Fascinating Facts About CoffeeTop 10 Tiniest Phones Ever MadeTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The World7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterRyan Reynolds Does The Bottle Cup Challenge (You Better See This) Loading… Read Also: Chelsea goalkeeper Arrizabalaga impresses LampardA move that saw Barcelona turn towards Memphis Depay as their number one target this summer and will pay €25m for the player, with an additional €5m at the end of the season. The report further revealed that Depay’s official presentation will take place later this week, with eggheads of the Catalan club keen to resolve the Suárez situation.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Olympique Lyon forward Memphis Depay will sign for FC Barcelona this summer, according to the reliable Dutch journalist Mike Verweij of De Telegraaf.Although Lautaro Martinez seemed to be the Catalan club’s priority, but the Argentine’s agent, Beto Yaqué, confirmed Monday, that the player will continue at Inter Milan.Advertisement
Manchester City striker Wilfried Bony expects to be fit for the start of the new season. Bony told City TV: “I was ill, now it is okay. I feel stronger than last week, so I am happy about that. “At the beginning it was hard. There were a lot of discussions with the coach and doctor but they said it was better for me to stay here than almost 24 hours flying. “I was a little bit disappointed but I did not choose to be ill. I have had to deal with that. Now I am okay, I am very happy and training. “I think everything is clear so I am just waiting to do my best for the season.” Bony signed for City from Swansea in a £28million deal in January but is yet to make a big impact for the club. The 26-year-old did not play for a month due to the African Nations Cup and then had ankle and knee problems before the end of the campaign, registering just two goals for City. He now hopes to put that behind him and hit the ground running in 2015-16. He said: “Before the end of the season I came from Africa to join another team. You need to change a lot of things, and you need to train and be ready for the games, so it is not easy. “I can say there were good moments and bad moments – but it is more important to think about what is coming now. It is about getting fit and trying to do my best for the new season.” Bony was unable to travel with the first-team squad for their pre-season tour of Australia and Vietnam due to illness. The Ivory Coast international has now recovered but is staying in Manchester to continue working on his fitness alone at the City Football Academy. Press Association