Djibouti Ports and Free Zones Authority (DFPZA) stood up against DP World’s claims that the opening of the Chinese-built Djibouti International Free Trade Zone (DIFTZ) was against the port operator’s exclusive contractual rights.The duo has embroiled in a dispute over concession agreement for the Doraleh Container Terminal (DTC) since February this year after Djibouti terminated DP World’s concession contract for the operation of the terminal.The first phase of the 240-hectare trade zone was opened earlier this month and once fully operational it will become Africa’s biggest free trade zone hosting dozens of companies.DP World insists that with the opening the Djibouti Government is “violating its contractual obligations and the rights of foreign investors.” On the other hand, DFPZA insists that the free trade zone is fully in line with international laws and standards and that it does not violate DP World’s contractual rights in any way. “DPFZA deeply regrets the repeated, misleading comments from DP World. DP World seems to be engaged in a sustained but futile campaign to misrepresent the facts. DP World’s stubborn behaviour and attitude towards Djibouti, including its attempt at rent-seeking in regard to the operation of DCT, has had no place on the African continent since the end of colonization,” Aboubaker Omar Hadi, Chairman of DPFZA, said.“It should be recalled that DP World did not exist outside of Dubai before its agreement with Djibouti in 2000, which was its first deal outside of its home territory. Dubai Ports International was only created at that time, whereas Djibouti has been managing ports for many years due to its highly strategic location and long history as a maritime nation.”“Djibouti remains committed to undertaking fair business partnerships with companies from around the world. The recent opening of the DIFTZ shows Djibouti is becoming a leading investment destination in Africa and for Africa,” DPFZA statement reads.
Press Association A commuter, identified in media reports as Souleymane S, appeared to be prevented from boarding a train by supporters travelling to the Parc des Princes for the Champions League draw with Paris St Germain. Footage captured by a bystander shows Souleymane being pushed back on to the platform amid chants of ”we’re racist, we’re racist and that’s the way we like it”. Writing in the match programme for Saturday’s Barclays Premier League clash with Burnley – the club’s annual ‘Game for Equality’ – Terry offered his view on the incident. “Football is a sport for everyone, that is one of the main reasons why we love it, and what happened on the Paris Metro was unacceptable,” Terry said. “The club has reacted quickly to deal with the situation and will continue to do so.” Terry was given a four-match ban and fined £220,000 in 2012 after being found guilty by the Football Association of racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand. Alongside that punishment, the regulatory commission in the case stressed that Terry was “not a racist”. Buck expressed similar sentiments to manager Jose Mourinho, who spoke out at Friday’s pre-match press conference, by saying the club were “disgusted” and “appalled” by the racial abuse, adding that owner Roman Abramovich was also “disgusted”. “Tuesday night was a crossroads for us. Despite there only being a small group of individuals involved, it showed there is still work to be done to eradicate discrimination – in all its forms,” Buck said. “We are determined to do all we can to wipe it out.” Chelsea captain John Terry and chairman Bruce Buck have expressed their anger after a black man was allegedly racially abused by Blues fans in Paris on Tuesday night.