first_img56 Watson Street, Camp Hill.Ms Gianniotis said she had noticed older people had lived in the area for about 60 to 70 years and were now moving on.“Young blood is moving in and it gives them an opportunity to live in an entry level home, or plan to do a full renovation,” she said.“Young families are looking to create their dream homes when they can afford it.”She said traditional homes in the area were Queenslanders.“Young buyers are willing to spend around $600,000 to $800,000 and it hasn’t surprised me. There’s still a lot of potential here and a lot of changes in the area will increase the value. The area hasn’t been maximised.” 56 Watson Street, Camp Hill was sold to a family that did a full raise and renovation.Camp Hill is experiencing a mighty rejuvenation with a change in the demographics of the residents in the suburb. Joanna Gianniotis, of Place – Bulimba, said older people were moving out and young families were moving in and renovating homes or building new ones. This had helped to raise the medium price in the past five years.“Young people are drawn to the area because of the easy access to the city,” she said. “There’s no bottlenecks, the streets are wide and the blocks are quite big, about 600sq m.”She sold a property at 56 Watson St, Camp Hill to a family that did a full raise and renovation.More from newsCrowd expected as mega estate goes under the hammer7 Aug 2020Hard work, resourcefulness and $17k bring old Ipswich home back to life20 Apr 202056 Watson Street, Camp Hill.last_img read more

first_img There had been speculation last week that Redknapp was close to losing his job, with the R’s down in 19th place in the Barclays Premier League and without a win in six games in all competitions. Manchester United won 2-0 at Loftus Road on Saturday to leave QPR in the relegation zone but Fernandes issued a statement backing Redknapp. Harry Redknapp will remain as QPR manager after chairman Tony Fernandes moved to rubbish reports he was set to sack the 67-year-old. “We know we need to improve our away form and Harry, his coaching staff and the squad will be doing all they can to turn around our fortunes on our travels. “It’s very tight in the table and we will do our best to strengthen where we can to give us the best possible chance. The fans have been brilliant all season and all I ask is that they continue to back Harry and the team.” When questioned about his future last week, Redknapp said he was being targeted by someone within the club who was looking to see him ousted from his position. The former Tottenham boss also insists he can only shop in the loan market during the January transfer window and has already signed Mauro Zarate until the end of the season from London rivals West Ham – although he did admit he is still looking for another striker to lighten the load on 13-goal man Charlie Austin. “I firmly believe Harry is the best man to get us out of the position we currently find ourselves in,” the statement read. “He has great experience and having spoken to him at length over the last week or so, he is determined to turn this around and help us maintain our Premier League status. “This is Harry’s squad of players, so he is the man to move us forward.” Redknapp took over at Loftus Road in November 2012 but was unable to steer QPR to safety – although he did guide them straight back into the Premier League through the play-offs last season. With the club back in the top flight, Redknapp was backed by Fernandes in the transfer market with large sums paid for Steven Caulker, Leroy Fer and Sandro. They joined the likes of Jordon Mutch and former England captain Rio Ferdinand in a strong-looking QPR squad – but they have struggled for results and form this season. All 10 away league games have ended in defeat but 19 points accrued at home mean Redknapp’s side are just one point behind Burnley in 17th spot and Fernandes is happy to support his manager for the time being. “The performance against Manchester United showed the players are behind him and that they have the stomach for the fight,” Fernandes added. Press Associationlast_img read more

first_imgPOINTS leaders in the East Demerara Football Association’s (EDFA) Senior League 2016/17 season, Buxton Stars, had their winning streak halted last Sunday as they were held to a 2-2 draw by Golden Stars.Playing at the Golden Grove ground, East Coast Demerara, the home side opened the scoring with a 5th minute strike off the boot of Samall Woodman and the Golden Grove team maintained their lead until the second session before Buxton Stars’ Dennis Fordyce levelled the score.Buxton Stars then took the lead for the first time through a Shamar Scott goal and the points leaders were in sight of continuing their unbeaten run, but injury time worked in Golden Stars’ favour as they earned an equal share of the spoils when Rundell Liverpool scored in the 99th minute.The other match that was scheduled for that day did not come off as Bachelor’s Adventure/Paradise Sports Club failed to show up for the fixture against Ann’s Grove who were awarded a walkover victory.last_img read more